Call for Artists
Gray’s Reef Film Festival Poster Competition 2017
Arts Resource Collective of Savannah offers all Greater Savannah Area artists an opportunity to create an image for the official poster and to exhibit their winning work for sale at the 2017 Gray’s Reef Film Festival in early February 2017.
This Film Festival, now in its 14th year, celebrates ocean conservation and the wonders of the ocean. Since Gray's Reef National Marine Sanctuary is a remote protected area off the coast of Georgia, NOAA brings it to the community through events such as the Gray's Reef Film Festival in Savannah. Attracting over 1,500 ocean enthusiasts each year, the film festival features over 20 entertaining and educational films, a children’s program, and an emerging film-makers’ competition for students.
The three top submissions will be selected by a jury. Gray’s Reef National Marine who will receive $500 and agrees to have his or her image used for the official Film Festival poster. In addition, the top-ranking artists will have their originals available for sale at the Film Festival. ARC Savannah hopes to collaborate with you and the Gray’s Reef Film Festival, in making art an integral part of the Savannah experience.
- The deadline for submitting entries will be midnight on Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Juried Art Competition: Gray’s Reef Film Festival 2017
- Date: Thursday- Saturday, February 2-4, 2017 from 7:00pm until 9:30pm
- Artists must be residents in the Greater Savannah area… from Beaufort, SC to Brunswick, GA
- Accepted artists are asked to deliver their own work on Wednesday,
- February 1 by 5:00 pm to ARC’s Downtown Office
- Artists are asked to be present and remain with their work during the Film Festival, on the evenings of February 2-4 to answer questions and provide information to the clients, and to remove all unsold work at the close of the Festival (9:30 PM)
- ARC Savannah has a no discount policy for work sold at the Film Festival so work should be priced
- at fair market value.
1. Selected art is consigned for the specific time of the event.
2. Art selected should be as represented in samples and no substitutions should be made
3. Timely pick-up and delivery of the art is the artist responsibility.
4. All 2D and 3D art is welcome bearing in mind that the result will be a poster.
5. Artists agree to ARC and Grays Reef National Marine Sanctuary using their images in promoting this event.
TO ENTER: Please email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Email address
5. Name of the work and the medium
6. Up to four JPEG images of work at 72dpi and approximately 640 pixels in the largest dimension.
7. Accepted artists should be prepared to submit a 100-word biography or statement, a photo of the artist and a high resolution photo of the accepted piece.